tonight my mom and i went to see gail travis' gallery showing & presentation of nit felt phrame. it was in this architecture studio and had models standing on the cubicle desks putting on and taking off the clothing, which was so great since most of the pieces have 2 to 4 different ways to wear it.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
for my textures class we had to make something involving quilting, so naturally i made a QUILTED MUSTACHE NECKLACE!
made from 56% cotton, 44% wool miniature houndstooth fabric, stuffed with polyester fiberfill.
it doesnt really stay straight so i might have to move the chain to the center instead of the ends or add wiring inside.
my new bikeeeeeeeeeeeeee! i love it even though its shorter than anyone else's bike (fitting, since i'm shorter than anyone else too).
i can't wait till it gets warm out and i can ride it all over and everyone will be jealous that they don't have an old school schwinn and i do.
you can't really see it, but he's wearing a glitter grill. it's hand painted with acrylic fabric paint. unfortunately for me, i tried to machine wash it in cold water and the red paint started running within 3 seconds of it being in there, even though i heat set the paint prior to washing.
coming soon: the megaman tee i painted for johnny, and a picture of my new bike!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
so i used to have a wordpress blog but it was dumb and i hate wordpress.
also, the two most important events coming up are:
1. alexander mcqueen for target preview market is this weekend (target.com/mcq)
2. a tokidoki store is opening in soho:
important other things:
1. everyone should listen to the cribs. they are fucking brilliant and ryan jarman's accent is so beautiful, as seen on nevermind the buzzcocks.
2. it's almost valentines day, the most bipolar day of the year. people are either too happy or too bitter. i love it.
3. julia thank you again for the bunnystache.